Saturday, August 26, 2017

Stamp-a-faire 2017! Inked Woodgrain Impressions






Hi everyone! I am so excited to be playing be a part of Stamp-a-Faire this year! I've played along every year so I felt honored to come up with my own challenge and video this year! I can't wait to see what everyone does! My Anniversary Tradition Theme was Wood.



Check out my video HERE

Be sure to check out the official Stamp-a-faire post here. That's where you can enter the contests to win a few prizes!

Here's my card:




Inked Woodgrain Impressions:

Impression plates add depth and interest to cards. In keeping with the 5th Anniversary gift theme of Wood, I am challenging you to use your wood themed impression plates. In order to add an additional “wow” factor, we’ll be inking up those impression plates. If you don’t have a wood-themed impression plate, you could also use a stencil or embossing folder.  You can try this technique with other impression plates, but be sure to still include a wood-type theme into your card somehow. A lot of the other Papertrey Ink impression plates would still look very wood like if used in brown tones (other suggestion: Diagonals, Rustic Burlap, Aida, Diagonal Stripes, Striped Sweater, Herringbone, Animal Prints (zebra stripes side), Argyle, Diamonds, Cane Print, Linen and Canvas, Moroccan Motifs, Tin Types, etc.) Get creative!


Supplies all by:
Papertrey Ink
Other: Foam Tape, Glue, Tape

Paper and Measurements:
Kraft Card Base: A2 size: 5-½ x8-½ , scored in half (at 4-¼ mark)
Dark Chocolate Piece: 5-¼ x4
Rustic Cream sentiment strip: 5-½ x ½
Leaf print cut outs from Rustic Cream Card stock
Americana (enough to cut out the “thanks” die cut 3 times- about 3 strips- 1x3 each)

  1. Cut card base to size and score it.
  2. Gently ink up an impression plate with your ink of choice (Dark Chocolate used in my project). Try to swipe the ink pad in the same direction as the pattern to avoid ink from going into the grooves. If any ink gets in the grooves, you can also wipe it with a cotton swab. Place Dark Chocolate cardstock on top of the inked impression plate. Place items into a folded piece of lightweight copy paper. Place rubber mat on top of this sandwich, ensuring that the entire impression plate is covered. Run through your die-cutting machine (I used the cuttlebug and used the sandwich A,B, impression plate/paper, rubber mat, B, cardboard shim)
  3. Die cut 3 “thanks” out of Americana card stock and one of each of the leaf prints from Rustic Cream card stock
  4. Adhere the 3 thanks together
  5. Stamp the leaf prints images onto the corresponding leaf prints die cuts.
I used Harvest Gold and Honey Oat for the elm leaf, Prairie Grass, Honey Oat, and Cocoa Bean for the oak leaf, and Americana and Terracotta Tile for the maple leaf. I used Dark Chocolate for the line detail image. To achieve a blended look, start with the lightest ink color, then ink the desired portion with the darker color and then tap the lightest color back over the entire image.
  1. Stamp the sentiment on Rustic Cream sentiment strip, using Dark Chocolate
  2. Adhere woodgrain panel to the Kraft card base. Next adhere the sentiment strip to the woodgrain panel. Attach the “thanks” die cut. Adhere all of the leaves with foam tape.


Other Ideas: Try this technique with other colors.
The other samples I showed in the video are Kraft with Classic Kraft Ink, Kraft with Vintage Cream ink, Cocoa Bean with Vintage Cream Ink, Dark Indigo with Dark Indigo Ink (I realize now I said Island Indigo in my video, haha, that's a Stampin' Up colour, not a Papertrey Ink colour, I used Dark Indigo in the video), and for an ombre effect- Scarlet Jewel, Americana, and Terracotta Tile on Kraft.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your design spot for this years SAF with PTI! Your project was fabulous and one that I enjoyed participating in. It's always a pleasure to meet new card makers and crafty bloggers like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very useful for me,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete